Sunday Times article

11 September 2016 - 9:00am
Press release

In response to the article in today's Sunday Times (11 September 2016), John Hilary, War on Want's Executive Director, said:

“The Charity Commission has confirmed, exactly as I said on the BBC earlier this year, that it is not taking forward any external complaint against War on Want.

"My decision to leave the organisation was taken many months ago, in view of the fact that I have been at War on Want for 12 successful years. Any implication there is another reason is pure fantasy.”

Notes to editor

'War on Want chief quits amid claims of anti-semitism' Sunday Times 11 September 2016 https://t.co/kUw5Oe5DAC (££)

For any enquiries call our media office on 07983 550728

Latest news

Parliament fails to win democratic oversight on trade

17 July 2018 - 4:00pm

Responding to votes on scrutiny of trade agreements in the Trade Bill, senior trade campaigner at War on Want Jean Blaylock, says: “Democratic oversight of trade is not rocket science. MEPs in the European Parliament and members of Congress get an automatic vote on trade deals. Why shouldn’t MPs?

Read more

Fox concessions fail to give MPs a ‘meaningful say’ over post-Brexit trade

17 July 2018 - 12:45pm

"Today’s concessions by Liam Fox fall well short of taking back control."

Read more

Join the conversation

bombs falling again on people of already facing a lack of clean water, electricity, adequate health & extreme… https://t.co/pRfh86z8ri 7 hours 55 min ago
Join our Executive Director at the Summer Gathering. Asad will be alongside speakers inclu… https://t.co/e4zeAmJsWV 15 hours 33 min ago
Another step forward in a long but necessary struggle to hold big business accountable for their activities & actio… https://t.co/5HHZ3TWJO6 19 hours 12 min ago