Sunday Times article

11 September 2016 - 9:00am
Press release

In response to the article in today's Sunday Times (11 September 2016), John Hilary, War on Want's Executive Director, said:

“The Charity Commission has confirmed, exactly as I said on the BBC earlier this year, that it is not taking forward any external complaint against War on Want.

"My decision to leave the organisation was taken many months ago, in view of the fact that I have been at War on Want for 12 successful years. Any implication there is another reason is pure fantasy.”

Notes to editor

'War on Want chief quits amid claims of anti-semitism' Sunday Times 11 September 2016 https://t.co/kUw5Oe5DAC (££)

For any enquiries call our media office on 07983 550728

Latest news

Reaction: McDonald's called before tax committee

20 June 2018 - 2:45pm

Responding to the news that McDonald's will appear before Parliament's special committee on financial crimes, tax evasion and tax avoidance, War on Want's Senior Campaigner on economic justice, Owen Espley, says: 

Read more

Reaction: US withdrawal from UN human rights council

20 June 2018 - 12:00pm

Responding to the US withdrawal from the UN human rights council today, War on Want's senior campaigner on militarism and security Ryvka Barnard, said:

Read more

Join the conversation

URGENT: is back! This Tuesday, MPs will debate CETA, which would write corporate power into the rules of our… https://t.co/jChcH5XJ0f 2 hours 16 min ago
RT : "Is Fox having trouble again seeing the line between adviser and privately-backed lobbyist?”… https://t.co/Xcq1A0mUlC 6 hours 27 min ago
Summary of hearing at Committee in Q: Do you pay taxes? A: Yes, where we do business… https://t.co/RlnVduzNR1 7 hours 52 min ago