Sunday Times article

11 September 2016 - 9:00am
Press release

In response to the article in today's Sunday Times (11 September 2016), John Hilary, War on Want's Executive Director, said:

“The Charity Commission has confirmed, exactly as I said on the BBC earlier this year, that it is not taking forward any external complaint against War on Want.

"My decision to leave the organisation was taken many months ago, in view of the fact that I have been at War on Want for 12 successful years. Any implication there is another reason is pure fantasy.”

Notes to editor

'War on Want chief quits amid claims of anti-semitism' Sunday Times 11 September 2016 (££)

For any enquiries call our media office on 07983 550728

Latest news

Event: "Curfew" Contemporary dance by El-Funoun & Hawiyya

16 March 2018 - 5:30pm

War on Want is happy to be supporting “Curfew”, a contemporary dance production performed by El-Funoun (Palestine) and Hawiyya Dance Company (UK), presented by Arts Canteen. "Curfew" is a thought-provoking contemporary dance production that encourages individuals to self-reflect and take action in front of injustice.

Read more

Families of massacred workers protest Lonmin’s final AGM tomorrow

13 March 2018 - 12:45pm

Families of massacred workers protest Lonmin’s final AGM tomorrow, saying corporate takeover doesn’t dissolve responsibility of mining company linked to South African president. 

Civil rights activist, bishop and lawyer representing workers at Marikana, South Africa, are in London this week to hold platinum mining company Lonmin to account over 2012 Massacre.

Read more

Join the conversation

Across the UK, people are holding pickets outside local #HSBC branches over the firm’s business with companies sell… 44 min 24 sec ago
"It is important that the spotlight drawn by the voices of high-profile women also penetrates deeper, to the plight… 1 hour 10 min ago
Join @GaiaFoundation @Londonmining + visitors from Colombia for a celebration of Water, Land and Life to mark one y… 1 hour 34 min ago