Write to Olympic sportswear brands to demand they respect workers' rights
15 May 2012
New research, published last week by the Playfair 2012 coalition, exposed the exploitation of workers making clothes for the London 2012 Olympic Games. The report shows that the promise of a fair and sustainable London 2012 is still far from being realised.
The report, Fair Games, exposed factories supplying brands including Adidas, Next, Nike and Speedo:
- Paying workers poverty wages, as little as £1.78 a day
- Not providing job security by leaving workers on short term contracts which denies them legal benefits
- Requiring workers to do forced overtime
- Preventing workers from unionising
You can help to stop these workers rights abuses now:
- Email the CEOs of the brands featured in the report urging them to respect workers for truly fair Olympic Games
- Inform yourself and others: read the Fair Games report and spread the word about the exploition of workers by the Olympic sportswear companies and share the report and email action on Facebook and Twitter.