War on Want's upcoming events are listed below — accounts of our recent events can be found here.
John Hilary, War on Want Executive Director, will be speaking on TTIP at the following public events. For the latest information regarding timings, please contact the host or venue via the link provided:
- 13 Feb: Stop TTIP South Lakes / Forward in Europe, 7.30pm, Kendal
- 14 Feb: No to TTIP @ The Trades Club, 12.30pm, Hebden Bridge
- 16 Feb: Guardian debate on TTIP, 7pm, London
- 17 Feb: TTIP and the attack on the NHS, 7.30pm, Derby
- 18 Feb: TTIP - Friend or Foe? 6.30pm, SOAS, London
- 20 Feb: TTIP - MPs' Question Time, 7pm, Friends Meeting House, York
- 5 Mar: TTIP in 2015 @ Alter Summit, 2.30pm, Brussels
- 7 Mar: TTIP @ Sinn Féin Ard Fheis, Derry
- 8 Mar: Medsin Global Health Conference, London
- 21 Mar: National gathering on TTIP, Manchester
- 28 Mar: This Changes Everything, London
- 7 Apr: New Left Perspectives conference on TTIP, Sofia
- 11 Apr: People's Convention for the NHS, London
- 20 Apr: TTIP events week, Poland
Saturday 14 March 2015
Rich Mix, 35-47 Bethnal Green Road, London, E1 6LA
Invite friends on Facebook
Share the flyer
A night of latin beats, spoken word, activism and musica pacifica in solidarity with the beseiged communities of Buenaventura in the Colombian Pacific
Live: Cumbé - Rich Afro-Colombian roots rhythms and melodies with a pacific coast twist!
+ DJs Cal Jader (Movimientos) / Nab’S’Ora + More TBC
+ Spoken word: Rafeef Ziadah, Pete the Temp, Raheela Suleman, Amaal Said
+ Short videos:
- 'Marking our Terriotry' about communities resisting displacement in Buenaventura
- 'Displaced' about a displaced community in Choco region of Colombia
+ Spoken word workshop for under 25s (2 - 5.30pm) - contact email@example.com
Funds raised go to social movements in Buenaventura.
Presented by Movimientos, Movimiento Jaguar Despierto, and War on Want
Adult Advance: £7
Follow this link for tickets
Saturday 21 March
Meeting Point - Manchester Piccadilly station.
We are delighted to announce a fantastic new addition to our 2015 TTIP conference programme: A free walking tour of radical Manchester
Join Steve Roman, an experiences local guide, for a guided walk round parts of the Manchester Peace and Social Justice Trail. The trail covers sites connected with the growth of Manchester as the world’s first industrial city and its importance as a centre for radical political activity, including Peterloo, the Free Trade Hall, the popular reform movement, Abraham Lincoln, the campaign against slavery, co-operation, Manchester Town Hall, Alan Turing and gay rights.
Meet outside the front of Manchester Piccadilly Station by the footbridge (look for the War on Want placard) at 10:45. The tour finishes at Methodist Central Hall, Oldham Street in time for lunch and the beginning of the conference.
Cost:The walk is free, but a donation to War on Want is suggested.
Email steve.roman [at] phonecoop.coop to book your free place
More information about peace trails in 7 European cities, including Manchester’s here: www.discoverpeace.eu .
Please note this walking tour will overlap with War on Want AGM business (12-1pm). Therefore members attending the AGM should not join the walking tour.
2015 is the pivotal year for TTIP. Join us in Manchester for this major national gathering of anti-TTIP groups from around the country, and help build the movement against this dangerous trade deal.
TTIP: BUILDING THE FIGHTBACK, War on Want's annual conference
1pm to 6pm Saturday 21 March 2015